Saturday, August 28, 2010

Review: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation

Hey everyone!

I have been testing out Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Powder for the past two months or so, and I have come to some conclusions, chief among them: This might just be my Holy Grail foundation.

I love the texture of this- it’s a mousse, so it feels really smooth and spreads easily on my face. It’s a cream (or mousse?)-to-powder formula, so there isn’t a need to put powder on over this, unless you have a super oily skin type.  It gives my skin a smooth look while mattifying my oily spots.

Another thing I love about this is the coverage it gives. It covers minor blemishes and somewhat cancels out dark circles. For anything else, you will need to apply a concealer. (I have this in Light Nude 4, which is a perfect match for my skin.) Lasting power is also pretty formidable. I wore this for about 8 hours (a little longer than my school day) and there were very minimal oily spots on my forehead only.

Dare I say it? This is my new favorite foundation and my Holy Grail. At least until the next one comes along.

28 August- Unfortunately I deleted my pictures that I took with/without foundation. I will have those up tomorrow, so be sure to check back for those. 

Stock image from maybelline.com


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think? What’s your current favorite foundation?

~Gabrielle~

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could love this, but my skin is dry and it exaggerates my dry spots. I like the dream liquid mousse and I like the dream smooth mousse for the first hour it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PoorCollegeStudent- sorry to hear that! I haven't tried any of the other foundations in this line, but I'm not such a big fan of liquid foundations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it works well for you, i think its a love or hate foundation. I tried to follow you as i just found your blog but my computers being stupid and wont let me :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day a little brighter! BD