Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School EOTD

Hey everyone!

Ok, I know I said today would be part 2 of the uniform series, but I forgot to take pictures and my camera's charging now; so I'm posting about a good EOTD I came up with for the first day of school. It's neutral, but with a twist.

Start off with the usual- primer (Almay Eye Base+Concealer), a lid shade (e.l.f. Golden Glow), contour in the crease (MAC Chocolate Brown pigment), and a highlight (shimmery cream shadow from the Wet n Wild Pride palette). Neutral? Very. Too neutral, in fact, for the first day, which as everyone knows, sets the tone for the rest of the school year. :) So how do you fix that? Elementary, my dear readers. First, add some copper (from the Victoria Jackson palette) under the crease color in the outer lid, and then some golden sparkle in the inner corner (London Calling from Too Faced Glamour Revolution palette). BAM!!! It lights up your eye and will complement any eye color. Finish off with some brown eyeliner on the top lashline, smudged under the bottom lashline (or waterline, if you like; personally I like the lashline better), and some mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous).



Some things for the rest of your face that would complement this- a peachy pink blush (think NARS Orgasm, but without the shimmer) and a frosty nude lippie (Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Dreamy).

Whatcha think?

~Gabrielle~

5 comments:

  1. Your lashes are like BAM! Haha. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Steph- Haha thanks! They were cooperating today and all I had to do was apply mascara.

    @PoorCollegeStudent- Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised I haven't followed your blog yet... ha ha but I think for a good base - I totally recommend using ELF $1 if you can find it at Target. It works pretty well - not as awesome as UDPP but for me, it is 85-90% similar to UDPP. For school, I always just wear one color on the lids - liner - mascara (if I even have time)! Usually I just do my brows, put on bronzer & blush, and I'm outta there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ndoodles- Hopefully I can find the e.l.f. one the next time at Target! I should make my routine shorter like yours, haha- I'm always in a rush in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day a little brighter! BD